Can’t believe this month is over… Mamma Mia time is flying by! So this month has been one of new beginnings.
A New Workspace
My lovely, gorgeous Simon has built me a new workspace! We were going to go for a shed on the drive but I decided I’d feel too lonely! What with three dogs, six cats and my lovely husband milling around for inspiration I was worried that I’d just sit there.
So this is the before pic, with my lovely muse, sadly no longer with us.
I love the length of my new ‘desk’ which is simply built from planks and it will serve lots of purposes as I’ve just bought myself a new sewing machine and am searching for patterns and fabrics. I used to sew a lot back in my twenties, from evening gowns to curtains!
A New Release
The first of the books in my series, The Luna Legends is now out! You can grab your copy at the links below.
A New Grandson
Jax Benjamin George entered the world on the 12th May at 3.45 am. He’s ‘lush’ according to his dad and elder brother and sister and I just can’t wait for cuddles. In the meant time we sent this Italian doll for hugs. My sixteen year old daughter has the girl doll, named ‘Doddy’ and she has had several surgeries but is still going strong!
So onto the nitty gritty of my month. . .
I have some new planners and am loving them. I use one for my quarter planning and one for my daily and weekly planning. I’m always changing my system, one just hasn’t stuck yet. So these are now the brain house of JoAnna Lamb Authorpreneur. It’s where all the action happens 😉
Goal 1 Writing and Editing
- Rewrote Thunder Moon, the first book of Season 1 (40k words)
- Summarised books 2 and 3 of Season 1 had planned to plot them but ran out of time
Goal 2 Publishing and Promotion
- Published Season of the New Moons
- Developed my freebie, a reading journal – grab yours here
- Set up my email list – if you grab the journal you’re on the list
- Sent out my first newsletter
Goal 3 Healthy Writing Habits
- I monitor my mood with smileys and May was almost 100%
- Completed the #vss365 challenge every day and published them on Twitter, approximately 4000 words.
Oh, and I’ve been sketching, here are my efforts. Am loving Procreate and these classes.
Final Thought for the Month
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life”
Ciao for now!
Oh and if you want to sign up for my newsletter and receive a free reading journal in return, follow this link!