This month was a little mixed after the euphoria of finishing my draft. I left the manuscript to steep for a while because I was taking a course, and wanted to give it my full attention
The first draft didn’t fair so well. It wasn’t that it was a bad story, it just wasn’t the right story. I had a big AHA moment about the whole series so it changes things in terms of structure. That isn’t a bad thing, it just means I’ve had to take a few steps back.
And of course, Spring has sprung and my granddaughter celebrated her 16th birthday on International Women’s day. Our mimosa (the symbol for the day) has almost had it’s day but has been beautiful, despite the snow! I cannot wait to see and hug my family again.
Books Read This Month
Here are the titles I’ve read this month, a more fiction than non-fiction. Any recommendations are welcome!
- The Night Raven by Sarah Painter
- Echoes of the Gidat by Eme Savage
- Mistress of Masks by C Greenwood
- Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Structuring Your Novel (finished up) K M Weiland
- Beautiful Demons Box Set Books 1-3 by Sarra Cannon – just started.
I decided not to publish any short stories for the time being. It’s not attracting much attention and it takes quite a lot of time. But… I have had book one of the Luna Legends proofed and I’ve sourced a cover – well several to choose from – so I’m going to be launching it very shortly. I’ve also changed the title (it was Wolf Moon) as part of my series AHA moment. All will be revealed. So watch this space.
I continue to make great progress with my goals using the HB90 system. As this blog is published I actually have started Quarter 2 which is amazing and we’ve yet again entered full lockdown as Italy (and lots of Europe) are experiencing the third wave of the pandemic. And don’t mention the vaccination programme. Still, plenty to keep me going.
Goal 1 Writing and Editing
- Edited Book 1 for publication
- Plans made for Q2 which included participating in NaNoWrimo
- Reviewed Season 1 of Luna Legends series
Goal 2 Publishing and Promotion
- Completed Publish and Thrive Course – which has generated a load of actions and a strategy to go forward.
- Prepped Book 1 for Publication and sourced a cover
Goal 3 Healthy Writing Habits
- I started monitoring my mood again and there are more smileys than others
- Completed the #vss365 challenge every day and published them on Twitter. In fact I’ve managed to complete this challenge for most days of this quarter and penned over 3400 words!
As well as my writing I’m trying to pinch a little part of the day playing around on Procreate, a drawing app on the iPad. I created this, with a lot of help from Art With Flo, for #EarthHour day which also fell on what would have been my Dad’s 87th birthday. I so miss him still.
This month was the hardest yet, a combination of things beyond my control sent me into a bit of spin to be honest. But I’m back at the desk and even more determined to work my way through the mire of being an Authorpreneur. I will do it.
Hope you’ve had some successes this month, would love to hear about them.